The WCU Sigma Theta Tau Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance for WCU alumni pursing their graduate education and who are members of the WCU Chi Beta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Application Deadline: April 1 and October 1
Recipients will be notified by May 1 and November 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $2,500 each, non-recurring. Funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student’s existing tuition & fee charges for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references
- Copy of WCU transcript
- Confirmation of current membership to the WCU Chi Beta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (ex. invoice, receipt, etc.)
- 250+ word personal statement including the below:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- What does it mean to be a member of Chi Beta Sigma Theta Tau International?
- What are your career goals?
- Be a full-time (6 semester units per semester/trimester), degree-seeking, graduate nursing student at West Coast University.
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (April 1 and October 1).
- Must be a dues paying member and be in good standing in the WCU Chi Beta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Student’s cumulative GPA for the current program, must be 3.5 or higher at the time of application.
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) via at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the University during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.