The WCU Alumni Association Professional Development Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance to WCU Alumni who are continuing their education by completing CEU's, attending conferences, or any other professional development opportunities in the healthcare or leadership field.
Applications Open: February 1st and August 1st
Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
Recipients will be notified on June 1 and December 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: Up to $500 per recipient, once per calendar year. Awards will be paid directly to the alumni via check upon completion of CEU, conference, or seminar.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form or to the Department of Alumni Relations located at 151 Innovation Drive, Irvine, CA 92617. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references, please direct your references to click here in order to access the recommendation form
- Copy of WCU transcript
- Proof of attendance and payment confirmation (invoices/receipts):
- Reimbursable expenses include registration fee, hotel and/or airfare.
- 250+ word personal statement that must include the following:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- How will this opportunity enhance your career goals?
- What did you learn from this opportunity?
- Must be a graduate (alumni) of West Coast University.
- All majors are eligible.
- Conference, CEU, or seminar must be completed within 6 months prior to the application deadline (May 1st and November 1st).
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.
The application is currently closed.