WCU Alumni Professional Development Scholarship
The WCU Alumni Association Professional Development Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance to WCU Alumni who are continuing their education by completing CEU’s, attending conferences, or any other professional development opportunities in the healthcare or leadership field.
Application Deadline: April 1st and October 1st
Recipients will be notified by May 1 and November 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: Up to $500 per recipient, once per calendar year. Awards will be paid directly to the alumni via check upon completion of CEU, conference, or seminar.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references
- Copy of WCU transcript
- Proof of attendance and payment confirmation (invoices/receipts):
- Reimbursable expenses include registration fee, hotel and/or airfare.
- 250+ word personal statement that must include the following:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- How will this opportunity enhance your career goals?
- What did you learn from this opportunity?
- Must be a graduate (alumni) of West Coast University.
- All majors are eligible.
- Conference, CEU or seminar must be completed within the 6 months prior to the application deadline (April 1 and October 1).
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.