Student-Centric Healthcare Education For Everyone
Join the next generation of healthcare professionals
Hands-on training from industry leaders within a community of peers
With innovative training experiences and a diverse, supportive community, West Coast University prepares you to face the complex and changing world of healthcare.
West Coast University was founded with a bold objective and a compassionate spirit: to make healthcare education accessible to everyone who meets our admissions criteria, while leading the way for market-responsive programs that adapt to the complex and changing landscape.
Many healthcare professionals start out wanting to help people, knowing that in so doing, they will also choose a career path that will help them earn a good living. Meanwhile, more than 100 years ago, West Coast University sought to redefine the way adult education prepared workers to enter the workforce. Traditional healthcare education was inflexible which meant that many people who wanted to work in healthcare couldn’t make the pursuit of an associated degree fit into their lives. Where were the alternatives?
It turns out, there weren’t many. The business of training world-class healthcare professionals was dominated by traditional systems that did not offer programs that fit into already busy schedules.
West Coast University was founded to create a new path.
By offering flexible degree programs to fit the lifestyles of working professionals both online as well as across six campuses, we’re able to provide a dynamic education designed for today’s students. We have developed market-responsive programs to align with the modern healthcare landscape.
We believe that healthcare education should be exciting and qualified applicants should be able to access it. Hands-on training with our technologically-advanced experience is designed to leave our students engaged, changed, and prepared to make the world a better place.
We also know that our diverse community represents excellence.
Healthcare employment is projected to be one of the fastest growing occupations over the next decade1, which means that hiring managers will be looking for qualified and focused individuals to join the healthcare industry. Our graduates are prepared to flourish in a healthcare career they love while meeting the needs of the community and the demands of the market.
While healthcare has become more complex, getting a healthcare career started at WCU gives you the tools you need to navigate the changing landscape.
At West Coast University, we’re proud to offer undergraduate degrees in nursing and dental hygiene, business administration as well as master’s and doctoral programs in nursing, health administration, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and pharmacy.
1 See U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics for more information on the future of healthcare employment.
- Acquired by present Chairman, David Pyle
- Accreditation achieved for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association awarded accreditation for Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene in Orange County
- The on-site, free dental hygiene clinic opens for patients at Orange County campus
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program is awarded accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)4 of the American Dental Association
- Awarded accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission
- Global Public Health Program launches
- WCU's Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Pharmacy programs receive approval by WASC2
- WCU receives approval from the Florida Board of Nursing
- New Campus of Center for Graduate Studies in Los Angeles, California launches
- First online programs launched for RN-BSN, RN-MSN and other MSN programs
- Doctor of Pharmacy program achieves candidacy status through Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Master of Public Health program starts offering courses
- 8 year reaffirmation of accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) obtained
- OTD accreditation on July 26, 2019 from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
1ACOTE: 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449, 301-652-2682, Acoteonline.org
2WASC: 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510-748-9001, wascsenior.org
3CCNE: 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/CCNE/reports/accprog.asp
4 CODA: The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at: 312-440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission's web address is: https://www.ada.org/100.aspx