The WCU Proud Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance toward the education of current WCU undergraduate and graduate students.
Application Opens: February 1st and August 1st
Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
Recipients will be notified on June 1 or December 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $1,000 per recipient, non-recurring. Funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student's existing tuition & fee charges for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form or to the Department of Alumni Relations located at 151 Innovation Drive, Irvine, CA 92617. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references, please direct your references to click here in order to access the recommendation form
- Copy of WCU transcript
- 250+ word personal statement that may include the following:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- What events/activities have you participated in at your campus? (i.e. Network with Nurses, career fairs, LinkedIn lab, etc.)
- What organizations have you been a part of at your campus?
- Be a full time, degree-seeking, undergraduate or graduate student of West Coast University.
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (May 1 and November 1).
- Student's cumulative WCU GPA must be 3.0 or higher at time of application
- All majors are eligible
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship Fund. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the University during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.