WCU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship
The WCU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship was created to support a family tradition of ACC and WCU Alumni and help provide financial assistance to current ACC and WCU students who have a relative that is an ACC or WCU Alumni.
Application Deadline: April 1 and October 1
Recipients will be notified by May 1 and November 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $1,500 each, non-recurring. Funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student’s existing tuition & fee charges for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references
- One must be from an eligible ACC or WCU Alumni relative.
- Copy of current ACC or WCU transcript or prior institutions transcript
- 250+ word personal statement which may include the following:
- Why is it important to continue the ACC or WCU legacy?
- What does being ACC or WCU Proud mean to you?
- Be a full time, degree-seeking, undergraduate or graduate student of American Career College or West Coast University or been accepted to an American Career College or West Coast University program.
- Student’s cumulative ACC or WCU GPA must be 3.0 or higher at time of application
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (April 1 and October 1).
- Must have a family member who is a graduate (alumni) of American Career College or West Coast University.
- All majors are eligible.
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship Fund. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the university during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.