WCU Texas Proud Scholarship
The WCU Texas Proud Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance toward the education of WCU Texas undergraduate students who are enrolled in either the BSN or LVN to BSN degree program. This scholarship helps support a student’s educational pursuits.
Application Deadline: April 1 and October 1
Recipients will be notified by May 1 and November 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $1,000 each, non-recurring. Funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student’s existing tuition & fee charges for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references
- Copy of prior WCU transcript
- 250+ word personal statement:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- What events/activities have you participated in at your campus? (i.e. Network with Nurses, career fairs, LinkedIn lab, etc.)
- What organizations have you been a part of at your campus?
- What are your career goals?
- Be a full time, degree-seeking, undergraduate, student of West Coast University-Texas, enrolled in either the BSN or LVN to BSN degree program.
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (April 1 and October 1).
- Student’s cumulative WCU GPA must be 3.0 or higher at time of application.
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship Fund. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the university during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.