Since the beginning of 2018, the WCU Alumni Association has raised more than $160,000 in scholarship funds, distributing nearly $50,000 at the beginning of 2020 alone.
The Alumni Scholarship Fund was reopened in August to provide additional support to alumni and current students and is projected to allocate approximately $30,000 in December.
Meet the Scholarship Recipients
WCU Alumni Association Scholarship supports WCU Alumni who are enrolled in a graduate-level degree program.
- Sandy Blanco-Hernandez, MSN ’22, BSN ’17
- Lindsay Daniel, MSN ’21, BSN ’15
- Danita Dupree, MSN ’21, BSN ’16
- Ashley Foster, MSN ’21, BSN ’19
- Stephanie Garner, MSN-FNP ’21, ADN ’11
- Jason Joros, MSN ’21, BSN ’17
- Patricia Okatchy, MSN ’22, BSN ’19
- Yvette Pardo, MSN ’22, BSN ’20
- Lea Thomas, MSN-FNP ’22, BSN ’18
WCU Proud Scholarship
Provides financial assistance toward the education of current WCU undergraduate and graduate students. These students have exemplified school spirit and are striving to be ahead of the curve.
- Amy Abdelmalek, PharmD ’23
- Christina Martinez, BSN ’23
- Mari Ohara, BSDH ’21
- Natalie Sanchez, BSN ’23
- Aimee Villalpando, OTD ’21
Supports a family tradition of WCU Alumni and provides financial assistance to current WCU undergraduate and graduate students who have a relative that is a WCU Alumni.
- Jonathan Javier, BSN ’21
Professional Development Scholarship
Provides financial assistance to WCU Alumni who are continuing their education by completing CEUs, attending conferences, or any other professional development opportunities in the healthcare or leadership field.
- Paria Norouzi, PharmD ’23, BSDH ’15
Please visit https://westcoastuniversity.edu/about/alumni/scholarships.html for more information and eligibility requirements.
WCU provides career guidance and assistance but cannot guarantee employment. The views and opinions expressed are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs or position of the school or of any instructor or student.