Master of Public Health Online Program
Preparing for new opportunities—the West Coast University online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program has been developed to help graduates address the ways health and wellness advocacy, policy and action can have a huge impact on an ever-changing world. From disease prevention to environmental concerns, WCU helps prepare online graduates to have the skills and confidence to have a real impact where they're needed most—and build careers making a difference.
If it's making news—well-trained public health professionals can help. From Zika to HIV—safe drinking water to waste management—nearly every issue that matters most has a public health component. An online MPH degree prepares you to follow your passion, and help where it matters most.
The Role of a Public Health Professional
We are only as healthy as the world around us. Public health professionals help assure every aspect of a healthy environment—from available resources to education that modifies behavior, and beyond. You'll inform, educate, and empower people to address and prevent health issues. Here's what leadership looks like in action:
- Monitor, research, and evaluate community health to identify and solve problems.
- Identify and investigate problems and health hazards impacting health in the community.
- Align the community to take action—engage partners to address health problems.
- Make plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Protect health and ensure safety by making sure laws are enforced.
- Connect people with resources—ensuring health services are available.
- Play a role in policy—ensuring a level of competency for the community’s healthcare workforce.
Public Health Master’s program career options include, but are not limited to the following locations:
- State and County Departments
- Public Health Departments
- Federal Agencies (e.g., CDS, USDA, EPA)
- Healthcare Associations
- Non-Profit Sectors/Private Foundations
- Women, Infant and Children (WIC)
- Mental Health Organizations
- Urban Planning (Built Environments)
- Community Based Organizations
- Universities and research institutions
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- FEMA and Disaster Management
- Law Enforcement
- Community Health
- Health Care as a Preventative Medicine
- Wellness Practitioner
WCU's Online Master's in Public Health Program Advantages
We've structured our program to fit the busy lifestyles of working professionals with all coursework done online via our interactive online classroom.
- 100% online program—plus student support services internship opportunities, career services assistance and more
- Earn your MPH in as little as 12 months
- Choose a pace that works for you with Accelerated and Working Professional Options
- Multiple starts per year
- Interdisciplinary education is built into the online Master of Public Health program to enhance your skills and perspective
- Competitive pricing—plus partner grants are available—call to see if you qualify
- Weekly live office hours with an interactive Q&A and access to faculty—participate live or watch when you have time
At WCU, you are not alone. You should have the support and guidance that will help you achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on-the-go resources— to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU's Master of Public Health online program is simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, student services and our 24/7 technical support.
Hands-on experience is an important part of building leadership skills. That's why West Coast University assists online MPH students in finding a variety of internship opportunities—leveraging our relationships with the Red Cross, local organizations, and International internship partners to help place you in a rewarding and intellectually challenging environment.
The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program curriculum at West Coast University is designed to help you gain an advanced perspective on issues, processes, and resources to prepare you for a variety of leadership roles. This general online public health program gives students the opportunity to test core areas of public health—and helps prepare graduates for entry-level (Tier I) and supervisory level (Tier II) roles in public health. Management courses are built into the curriculum. Courses focus on health promotion, environmental health, epidemiologic research methods, health leadership, and health policy, culminating in a capstone project intended to integrate essential concepts, attitudes, and behaviors.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its online Master of Public Health students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our online Master of Public Health students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
WCU’s online MPH degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states.