If you want to take the next step in becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, consider the WCU Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Online Certificate. WCU's program takes your education to another level, preparing you for more challenging career options.
- Post-Master's FNP Online program completion in as little as 24 months as long as prerequisites are met
- 32-credit program
- MSN core course are delivered online and followed by FNP specialty courses that are offered online and with six scheduled onsite intensives (2-3 days each) at the WCU Center for Graduate Studies.*
- 650 Precepted Clinical hours
- Meets National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) standards
- WCU is regionally accredited by WSCUC and our Post-Master's FNP Online nursing programs is CCNE accredited
West Coast University's curriculum helps prepares nurses to build on their nursing experience and become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Click to view the FNP Curriculum.
Today, Nurse Practitioners are gaining more and more responsibility and autonomy as a healthcare provider. West Coast University's Post-Master's FNP online program helps prepare graduates with enhanced nursing knowledge and skills to address the evolving needs of the healthcare system. Nurse Practitioners practice in different settings, such as urban, suburban & rural settings, in outpatient clinics, hospitals, emergency departments, urgent care, private physician or NP offices, nursing homes, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care, schools and colleges, and public health departments. Graduates of the Post-Master's FNP online program should be prepared for positions requiring the following skills of a primary care advanced practice nurse:
- Manage the health/illness status of patients and families over time
- Design interventions that improve healthcare for diverse populations
- Care for patients across the age span using a patient-centered approach
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective care
- Work autonomously or in collaboration with other healthcare professionals
- Serve as hospital and clinic administrators and policy makers
- Serve as the leader in nursing quality improvement and case management
- Design project management proposals
A schedule you can work with
We understand the needs of working professionals - people who desire both a concentrated curriculum and flexibility in scheduling to make it all work. Our Post-Master's FNP online program accommodates these needs.
At WCU, you are not alone. You should have the support and guidance that will help you achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on the-go resources— to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU’s Post-Master's FNP Online programs is simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, Student Services and our 24/7 technical support.
West Coast University supports its online students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our online graduates throughout their careers. Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
Since healthcare professionals are life-long learners, WCU assists its online graduates by providing them ongoing discounted CEs through a complimentary membership to our partner company, Contemporary Forums.
Partner grants are available - see if you qualify.
*Travel costs are not included in tuition and fees.
WCU’s online MSN - FNP degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states. Program requirements include 6 onsite intensives located at the Los Angeles Center for Graduate Studies and 650 practice experience hours in order to graduate.
To practice in California, graduates must obtain national certification and seek BRN approval through “Method Two”. For more information about Certification application requirements, please visit the California Board of Registered Nursing at,http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/np-app.pdf.
West Coast University's Master of Science in Nursing is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).