If you want to take the next step in becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, consider the WCU's RN to Master of Science in Nursing online program - Family Nurse Practitioner track. WCU's program takes your education to another level, preparing you for more challenging career options.
Online Family Nurse Practitioner Program Details
- Online RN to FNP program completion in as little as 40 months
- 68-credit program
- Year-round admissions
- Graduates of the RN to FNP online program are eligible to sit for national boards with AANP or ANCC
- Dedicated clinical team to secure clinical placements for all RN to FNP students
- Faculty mentoring program with Family Nurse Practitioner faculty to support student's personal and professional development
- MSN core courses are delivered online and followed by FNP specialty courses that are offered online and with six scheduled onsite intensives (2-3 days each) at the WCU Center for Graduate Studies.*
- 785 Precepted Clinical hours are included in the RN to FNP program
- National board preparation exams embedded in the courses
- RN to FNP online program includes Curriculum and Instruction course which helps prepare graduates for teaching opportunities
- Meets National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) standards
- WCU is regionally accredited by WSCUC and our nursing programs are CCNE accredited
West Coast University's RN to MSN online curriculum helps prepare nurses to build on their nursing experience and become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Click to view the FNP Curriculum.
Embedded in the RN to MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner online curriculum are test banks, national boards content and review to assist students in preparing for the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) exams. Candidates who meet the requirements and successfully pass the appropriate certification examination can become certified by AANP and are qualified to use the credential NP-C (Nurse Practitioner-Certified) or NP-BC (Board-Certified) by ANCC to indicate their certification status.
A Schedule You Can Work With
We understand the needs of working professionals - people who desire both a concentrated curriculum and flexibility in scheduling to make it all work. Our RN to MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner online program accommodates these needs.
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU offers you the support and guidance to help achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on-the-go resources—to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU's RN to MSN FNP online programs are simple to navigate and easy to use with continuous access to your instructors, peers, Student Services and our 24/7 technical support.
West Coast University supports its RN to MSN – Family Nurse Practitioner online students by providing an FNP faculty member to be their personal mentor throughout the FNP track courses. This relationship offers RN to MSN online students a personal resource available to them throughout their coursework to offer advice, assistance and individualized support to each student. Faculty members can tailor mentoring styles and content, taking into consideration each of the student’s goals, needs and learning styles.
WCU also supports its RN to MSN online students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our graduates throughout their careers. Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
Challenge/Advanced Placement for Military Personnel
Individuals who have held Military Health Care Training may be eligible to receive credit for previous education training.
Learn more about Challenge Credit
Nursing Challenge Exam Additional Requirements
*Travel costs are not included in tuition and fees.
WCU’s online RN to MSN - FNP degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states. Program requirements include 6 onsite intensives located at the Los Angeles Center for Graduate Studies and precepted hours in order to graduate.
To practice in California, RN to MSN online graduates must obtain national certification and seek BRN approval through “Method Two.” For more information about Certification application requirements, please visit the California Board of Registered Nursing at http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/np-app.pdf.
West Coast University's online Master of Science in Nursing is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).