The spread of current Coronavirus, known as Covid-19 has been in the news and on many of our minds. The safety of our students, associates and faculty is our top priority. We have been engaged in this issue since the initial outbreak and continue to monitor it very closely. We have taken the following precautionary measures, as recommended by the CDC to prevent any flu or cold from spreading:
- Distributed disinfectant wipes at all reception desks to complement the many Purell dispensing stations on campus
- Instructed cleaning crews to increase the frequency of disinfecting/wiping down surfaces with a focus on high touchpoints
- Posted information from the CDC on Student Portals
- Developed a system to alert local health agencies about large increases in absenteeism
- Prepared a response plan in case of an actual pandemic
We need your help. Please follow these simple steps to help prevent the spread of the flu:
- Get vaccinated
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands often
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Global Security Operations Center at (855) 955-9911 for more information or assistance.
Finally, the CDC has additional information available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
WCU cannot guarantee employment. Programs vary by campus. The views and opinions expressed are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs or position of the school or of any instructor or student.