Mission & Values
We are committed to delivering transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
At West Coast University, we embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability. We design market-responsive programs through collaboration between faculty and industry professionals. We continuously pursue more effective and innovative ways through which students develop the competencies and confidence required in a complex and changing world.
Academic Integrity and Intellectual Honesty
We are committed to a culture where ethical conduct governs our interactions.
A Culture of Mutual Respect
We believe each member of the University community can significantly contribute to the fulfillment of our mission.
We are committed to continuous assessment, evaluation and improvement of student learning.
The Communities We Serve
We take very seriously our responsibility to make a positive impact on the communities that surround us geographically and professionally.
A Student-Centric Culture
We believe it is our institutional responsibility to identify, understand, and respond to student needs.
Agility and Responsiveness
We respond quickly to the needs of our students, faculty, and associates.
Innovation and Creativity
We are committed to bringing innovation and creativity to the development and delivery of instruction, and in identifying solutions to complex and challenging problems.
We encourage diversity of thought, ethnicity, culture and experience recognizing that through multiple and often differing perspectives offered in a collegial setting, the best ideas emerge.
Efficient Use of Resources
Through our stewardship, we develop solutions that make the best use of investments in time and other resources.
We are committed to keeping our objectives always at the forefront:
- To provide degree programs in fields of study that lead to professional success.
- To provide academic and support services to enhance student success.
- To provide a caring environment that is supportive and concerned with each student's success.
- To provide curricula, facilities, equipment and educated faculty to prepare students for employment in an ever-changing market.
- To offer innovative and alternative modes of education delivery.
- To assist in meeting the employment needs of related professions.
NBDHE Pass Rate
Our National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) pass rate for first time-test takers was 100%.
"From the moment you walk in the door, our goal is that you will feel at home."
- Dr. Barry Ryan, President of West Coast University