Dental Hygiene Clinic
Our students and instructors are here to provide excellent dental hygiene care to the community.
Our Dental Hygiene Clinic is a no-cost clinic, meaning that all dental hygiene services are provided at no cost.
What are the benefits of WCU’s Dental Hygiene Clinic?
- Our clinic’s services are held at no-cost
- The students who provide these services are supervised by registered dental hygienists and dentists
- We want to provide oral health services to all members of our community
- We think it is important that every smile be a healthy smile
- We believe families should receive dental hygiene services regardless of income
We offer the following services to our patients free of charge:
- Medical & Dental History Review
- Oral Inspection
- Risk Assessment
- Oral Hygiene Education & Instruction
- Nutritional Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Digital and Traditional Imaging (x-rays)
- Application of Pit & Fissure Sealants
- Fluoride Treatment/Therapy
- Tooth Desensitization Procedures
- Study Model for Interpretation and Tray Fabrication
- Prosthesis Care for Partial and Full Dentures
- Periodontal Screening and Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy (cleanings)
Our clinic is located on the 4th Floor at 1477 South Manchester Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802.
To set up an appointment, call 877-WCU-CLINIC.
With over 100 years of education experience, West Coast University has become a leader in healthcare education. It's from this experience that we've created focused and distinctive programs providing our students with some of the most comprehensive and respected degree programs available. As part of the culture of healthcare at West Coast University, the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program has been designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and values needed to become exceptional healthcare professionals and providers. The program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association and is one of only four Bachelor of Science programs in California, as well as the only program of its kind in Orange County. As part of the Dental Hygiene program and with West Coast University's strong commitment to its local community, the West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic has been established to not only educate our students as future dental hygienists but also give back to our community and those we share it with. It is because of this commitment and determination we proudly offer all services at no charge to our patients.
About WCU Clinic
The West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic is an invaluable community resource dedicated to improving the local community. With a dedicated faculty and staff working with students to help them achieve the hands on experience needed to complete their education, the West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic works to improve the dental health of those who may not have the means to visit a private practice dental facility for dental hygiene preventative and therapeutic care. The West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic has been designed to provide patients with a quality experience. From the technologically advanced facility that has been constructed with 30 clinical care areas including 10 dedicated radiology/X-ray areas for traditional and digital imaging including panorex X-ray equipment to on site sterilization that meets or exceeds OSHA standards. The West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic is also a dedicated "paperless" facility with all records being stored electronically not only allowing for easy transfer to a patient's new or regular dental facility or office, but it also lessens our carbon footprint which is good for all of us. Each component of the facility has been designed to provide clinic patients with top quality services using advanced technology and, best of all, at no cost to them.
Download our Clinic Information Flyer:
Who is Eligible?
The West Coast University Dental Hygiene Clinic has the following eligibility guidelines:
- The Dental Hygiene Clinic provides care to patients starting at age 1. All patients of the clinic will have an initial appointment to determine eligibility for care.
- English is the spoken language of the clinic. If translation is needed, patients are highly encouraged to bring a translator.
- Patients under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or legal guardian in the clinic at all times. Exception - emancipated minors. (Please provide documentation.)