Hands-on Fieldwork Places Personal Success Within Your Grasp.
West Coast University is offering a concentrated, full-time, two-year program dedicated to the education of proficient, entry-level occupational therapy generalists. When setting out to design our MSOT program, we posed a simple question: What type of educational structure would maximize an OT student's opportunity for success?
Our answer: An integrated approach, seamlessly blending classroom work, advanced technology and 1,080 hours of in-depth, hands-on fieldwork.
Students are engaged in a lively environment that harnesses the full power of advanced technology. Every aspect of the program occurs face to face -- with no online component. The program also stresses interprofessional education, critical thinking skills, effective written and oral communication, computer proficiency and program literacy. Graduates are prepared to have an understanding of the ethical standards and legal requirements expected of an occupational therapist. What's more, the full-time program has competitive tuition and fees.
The 96-credit curriculum is designed to cover six trimesters over a period of two academic years or 24 months. Two cohorts will be admitted per calendar year - one at the beginning of the spring (January) trimester and the other at the beginning of the fall (September) trimester. The beginning of the trimesters is as follows:
- MSOT Trimester 1 | 2nd week of January each year
- MSOT Trimester 2 | Last week of April each year
- MSOT Trimester 3 | 1st week of September each year
The inaugural cohort was September 2013, with the first class graduating at the end of the summer 2015 trimester.
To view the WCU MSOT Student Handbook, please click here.
To view the WCU MSOT Curriculum, please click here.
To view the WCU Catalog, please click here.
To view the WCU MSOT Fieldwork Education Manual, please click here.
- Dynamic learning environment - Dynamic program features include a strong focus on sensory integration therapy, functional vision assessment and intervention, return-to-driving rehabilitation and functional cognitive rehabilitation.
- Concentrated program - A selective, full-time, two-year masters program, with competitive tuition.
- Interprofessional education - Placing our occupational therapy students in direct contact with students from other health care programs - to give occupational therapists-in-training greater perspective, while building a spirit of cooperation with the interdisciplinary team.
- Integrated patient care - Energizing classroom lessons into everyday practice.
- Fieldwork Experience - Begins in the first trimester and continues until graduation.