As new COVID-19 cases in the U.S. are reported, we will continue to update you on steps we are taking to keep our students safe.
We are aggressively wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant wipes and sprays. In addition, we have deep cleaned all campuses, will continue to do so as needed, and are providing hand sanitizer stations and wipes to all for frequent cleaning.
We suggest changing some social behaviors to limit the spread of COVID-19 and the flu:
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Do not share utensils or food with others.
Each of us must continue to practice every day cold/flu prevention:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Stay home when sick for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever, or symptoms of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
If the spread of the virus increases, and upon the advice of public health agencies, we have plans in place to further safeguard our students, associates, and faculty. These plans range from postponing public events to shifting all campuses to digital and distance learning.
If you are planning to travel internationally you may experience quarantine when arriving or departing from certain countries. Please see the CDC travel guidelines at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Finally, please call the GSOC at (855) 955-9911 if you have a question or concern.
We will continue to update you on the spread of COVID-19 and we have several additional resources on the student portal.