The student will have the opportunity to develop the following knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors:
- Develop and implement client centered care that is inclusive of cultural values, beliefs and needs.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, and function effectively as a member of an inter-professional health care team.
- Support clinical decision making with evidence based knowledge.
- Design interventions with a central focus on occupation as the means and end of therapeutic processes, in line with the profession's philosophy.
- Integrate health promotion and wellness in interventions with individuals, communities and populations.
- Model leadership & advocacy for occupational therapy in the full range of service areas.