BSHA - Finance Track
Our specialized track helps prepare you for a variety of finance roles within health administration.
- All courses are 100% online for maximum convenience with mobile-friendly content
- Flexible schedule with accelerated and working professional options
- Student-centric approach to learning designed for your success
- Train in complementary skill sets, including operations, policy development, business management and risk management
- Access to comprehensive support beyond graduation with a one-on-one Student Success Advisor
BSHA - Finance Track
Demand for Medical and Health Services Managers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 32% between 2019 and 2029, much faster than average.1
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm
Finance Specialized Track
Healthcare organizations need professionals with strong analytical skills to fill a variety of finance roles. The Bachelor of Science in Health Administration – Finance program helps prepare students for roles where they work with financial models and principles to make informed business decisions.
As a student in our BSHA – Finance program, you will have the opportunity to complete core health administration courses, while also being exposed to classes in Microeconomics, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, and Financial Statement Analysis and Management.
When you pursue your bachelor’s in health administration at WCU, you’re getting an education that helps prepare you for a successful career in health administration.
Focus on interprofessional education, participating in Interprofessional Education Day to learn about collaboration in the healthcare industry through simulation.
Get the flexibility you need to complete your degree through a curriculum that is 100% online with asynchronous lessons. While you will have assignments and due dates, lectures and coursework are posted online so you can study when and where it’s convenient for you.
WCU’s BSHA program allows you to transfer up to 33 general education credits and 30 elective credits. Leverage your previous coursework and knowledge!
Why Do Students Choose WCU for their Bachelor’s in Health Administration?
The bachelor’s in health administration program at WCU addresses the core competencies that healthcare organizations expect when seeking new administrators — while still giving you the online flexibility you need to earn your degree.
- All courses are 100% online with mobile-friendly content
- Choose a pace that works for you with Accelerated and Working Professional Options
- Multiple start dates throughout the year
- You can earn your degree in as little as 40 months at the accelerated program pace — that’s just over three years!
- Student-centric approach to learning
- 24-hour access to library and courses
- Receive student support, including access to the Dean, Career Services, Student Success Advisor, and Admissions Advisors.
Support When You Need It
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU offers you the support and guidance to help achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on-the-go resources — to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU’s online Bachelor of Science in Health Administration – Finance program is simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, student services and our 24/7 technical support.
Students graduating from West Coast University's Online BSHA program should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Apply financial management principles for decision making and strategic planning in healthcare organizations.
- Analyze the application of organizational business skills to operational management and administration of healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate quality improvement standards and practices to optimize business performance improvement of healthcare organizations.
- Interpret healthcare ethical, legal, and compliance matters to support healthcare services, patient data and confidentiality, and information systems.
- Evaluate innovative information technology to support business management and organizational dynamics of healthcare organizations.
- Assess the impact of collaborative interprofessional relationships and team building principles within healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate the application of leadership models and techniques to the strategic needs of healthcare organizations.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our online Bachelor of Science in Health Administration graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals to enhance our students’ prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
WCU provides career guidance and assistance but cannot guarantee employment.
WCU Distance education programs are delivered out of the Orange County and Dallas campuses and my not be available to residents in all states.
In order to be considered for the Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA) program at WCU, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalent
- A transcript of a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Meet all programmatic admissions criteria. Individuals with 15 or more college-level credits are required to have a 2.0 GPA in post-secondary education.
- Participate in an interview with a University Admissions Advisor.
- Submit a completed application for admission.
- Complete and execute an enrollment agreement. If the applicant is under the age of 18, enrollment documents must be signed by a parent or guardian.
To view the Admissions Requirements, please click here.
We’re here to help you succeed, from the moment you apply to beyond graduation. It all starts here.