BSDH Learning Outcomes
West Coast University has established the following Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Program Learning Outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program and as required for licensure, the entry-level dental hygienist will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Practice professional behavior in the provision of patient care.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills through evidence-based decision making.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with diverse populations.
- Provide competent oral health care to individuals at all stages of life.
- Apply public health promotion skills in a variety of settings.
- Recognize the importance of lifelong learning and professional growth and development to maintain competence in an evolving health care system.