The Dental Hygiene program has established the following Program Learning Outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program and as required for licensure, the entry-level dental hygienist will be able to:
- Practice professional behavior in the provision of patient care.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills through evidence based decision making.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with diverse populations.
- Provide competent oral health care to individuals at all stages of life.
- Apply public health promotion skills in a variety of settings.
- Recognize the importance of lifelong learning and professional growth and development to maintain competence in an evolving health care system.