MSN - Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Earn your degree in as little as 16 months at the accelerated program pace
- Gain experience through clinical placements
- Get the flexibility of online classes with on-the-go resources and mobile-friendly content
- Access to comprehensive Career Services support beyond graduation
MSN - Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
The demand for nurse practitioners is expected to increase by 45% between 2020 and 2030, much faster than average.1
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the projected growth in healthcare employment is largely due to an aging population.2 Our MSN – Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program helps you prepare for roles where you work directly with adult and geriatric patients, providing acute care when needed.
AGACNPs can work in intensive care, trauma, and acute care units, among other healthcare facilities — making a difference when they are most needed by patients and their families.
This program is not available in CA.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm
2 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Healthcare Occupations, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm
Open the door to more advanced nursing opportunities. Our MSN – AGACNP program helps prepare you to work in intensive care, trauma, and acute care units, caring for adults and geriatric patients.
Our curriculum offers the online flexibility you need to pursue an advanced degree while working in your current position.
Get access to one-on-one support every step of your journey, from a no-cost tutoring and writing center to a designated Student Success advisor.
Why Do Students Choose WCU for their MSN?
- Choose a pace that works for you with Accelerated and Working Professional options.
- You can earn your degree in as little as 16 months at the accelerated program pace — that’s just over one year!
- Student-centric approach to learning
- 24-hour access to library, courses, and tech support
- Tutoring and one-on-one help when needed
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU online programs offer you the support and guidance to help achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging, and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing, and on-the-go resources — to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU's online MSN programs are simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, student services and our 24/7 technical support.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University online programs support students beyond the last day of classes. We are committed to helping our graduates throughout their careers.
Our Career Services department provides ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our online MSN students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals to enhance our students’ prospects for securing employment and achieving professional success.
WCU provides career guidance and assistance but cannot guarantee employment.
Upon graduation, MSN – AGACNP students will be ready to lead as an advanced practice nurse in health-related service to diverse populations. The focus for the AGACNP is to provide a full range of holistic acute and chronic care and support to adults and gerontology patients with complex, acute conditions.
- Integrate nursing science and related fields, such as physiology, statistics, psychosocial, political, financial, genetics, public health, and organization sciences in the continued improvement of nursing across the continuum of health care settings.
- Provide leadership in a variety of settings that promote high quality, safe patient care that also incorporates ethical decision making and effective inter-professional working relationships.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to effect quality improvement that incorporates the various models, standards, and performance measures necessary to apply quality principles, within any type of organization.
- Apply evidence-based research in clinical practice by identifying actual or potential practice problems in a setting and resolving them through the role of change agent.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills both technical and in the application of informatics to enhance, deliver, communicate, integrate, and coordinate patient care.
- Recognize the need for and ability to affect policy changes by using the policy development process and advocacy strategies to influence individual health and health care systems.
- Communicate and coordinate inter-professionally in a variety of settings to manage and coordinate care.
- Identify and integrate the various evidence-based practices of health promotion and disease prevention using client centered, culturally and age-appropriate concepts in the nursing process of services to individuals, families and broad-based aggregate populations.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of scientific and nursing-specific knowledge with the ability to integrate that knowledge into nursing practice that influences health care outcomes for individual, families, populations and/or systems.
We’re here to help you succeed, from the moment you apply to beyond graduation. It all starts here.