Upon graduation online students should be able to:
As an interdisciplinary professional program, MPH graduates will possess the knowledge, skills and aptitude to:
- Assess the elements to improve health outcomes and systems through planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs for individuals and populations.
- Analyze essential services that public health programs provide to protect and improve the health of populations.
- Apply research tools and analytical methods to critically analyze, monitor and assess the health status of populations, utilizing qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
- Determine the impact of policies and legislation on individual and population health; while navigating the legal, regulatory and organizational impact they have on the health care system.
- Construct public health, cross-cultural community-based programs, using behavioral science and health promotion methods
- Create communication approaches for lay and interprofessional audiences using epidemiologic methods to analyze patterns of disease and injury
- Justify the relationship between environmental factors and community health; and plan solutions for environmental health problems.
- Assemble a network of professional alliances to address social determinants of health and health disparities.