One degree. 1,000 Careers.
Earning your online Master of Public Health degree could open the doors to a wide range of career paths—and the West Coast University Career Services team can help you both prepare for, and explore your options.
We are only as healthy as the world around us. Public Health professionals help assure every aspect of a healthy environment—from available resources to education that modifies behavior, and beyond. That’s why a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree offers such rich and diverse career path opportunities.
The Role of Public Health Professionals: Knowledge is power—as a public health professional, you’ll inform, educate, and empower people to address and prevent health issues. This general public health program gives students the opportunity to test core areas of public health—and prepares graduates for entry-level (Tier I roles) and supervisory level (Tier II) in public health. Here’s what leadership looks like in action:
- Monitor, research, and evaluate community health to identify and solve problems.
- Identify and investigate problems and health hazards impacting health in the community.
- Align the community to take action—engaging partners to address health problems.
- Make plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Protect health and ensure safety by making sure laws are enforced.
- Connect people with resources—ensuring health services are available.
- Play a role in policy—ensuring a level of competency for the community’s health care workforce.
WCU Career Services offers career planning advice, assistance with everything from resume writing and interview preparation to job leads and more. While we can’t guarantee employment, we can help you prepare to make the most of every opportunity. It’s one-stop support—before and after graduation—to help you advance your career.