Earning your online RN to MSN Nursing Informatics degree could open the doors to a variety of career paths—and the West Coast University Career Services team can help you both prepare for, and explore your RN to MSN Nursing Informatics career opportunities and options.
WCU Career Services offers career planning advice, assistance with everything from resume writing and interview preparation to job leads and more. While we can't guarantee employment, we can help you prepare to make the most of every nursing informatics job opportunity. It's a one-stop support—before and after graduation—to help you advance your career in nursing informatics.
Nurses in the field of Informatics can hold a variety of positions and have numerous roles and responsibilities:
- Managing the collection, organization, and input of data and information
- Developing curriculums for clinical information and communication systems
- Providing education and training to healthcare professionals
- Analyzing multiple approaches/solutions to informatics issues or problems
- Providing procedural recommendations and innovative solutions to improve the use of clinical information systems
- Implementing informatics solutions to support the provision of patient care, clinical decision making, outcomes management, and research
- Serving as an expert and principal contact for Clinical Information System project-related activity
- Facilitating cross-functional, collaborative communication
Demand for Nurses
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects there will be continued demand in the labor market for nurses., citing a favorable nursing informatics career outlook.