Earning your online Master of Science in Nursing degree could open the doors to a variety of career paths—and the West Coast University Career Services team can help you both prepare for, and explore your options.
WCU Career Services offers career planning advice, assistance with everything from resume writing and interview preparation to job leads and more. While we can't guarantee employment, we can help you prepare to make the most of every opportunity. It's one-stop support—before and after graduation—to help you advance your career.
Today, Nurse Practitioners are gaining more and more responsibility and autonomy as a healthcare provider. West Coast University's Post-Master's FNP online program helps prepare graduates with enhanced nursing knowledge and skills to address the evolving needs of the healthcare system. Nurse Practitioners practice in different settings, such as urban, suburban & rural settings, in outpatient clinics, hospitals, emergency departments, urgent care, private physician or NP offices, nursing homes, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care, schools and colleges, and public health departments. Graduates of the Post-Master's FNP online program should be prepared for positions requiring the following skills of a primary care advanced practice nurse:
- Manage the health/illness status of patients and families over time
- Design interventions that improve healthcare for diverse populations
- Care for patients across the age span using a patient-centered approach
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective care
- Work autonomously or in collaboration with other healthcare professionals
- Serve as hospital and clinic administrators and policy makers
- Serve as the leader in nursing quality improvement and case management
- Design project management proposals