RN to BSN Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing online program has established the following RN to BSN learning outcomes, which flow directly from the College of Nursing's mission and philosophy. These RN to BSN program learning outcomes reflect what students should expect to have learned upon graduation.
- Support professional nursing practice decisions with concepts and theories from the biological, physical and social sciences.
- Plan preventive and population focused interventions with attention to effectiveness, efficiency, cost, and equity.
- Support therapeutic nursing interventions for patients and families in a variety of healthcare and community settings using evidence-based practice.
- Apply nursing process and critical thinking when providing holistic, patient centered nursing care to diverse populations.
- Design health care education for individuals, families, and communities.
- Comply with the professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct in practice.
- Develop an effective communication style to interact with patients, families, and the interdisciplinary health team.
- Model leadership with providing safe, quality nursing care, coordinating the healthcare team, and when tasked with oversight and accountability for care delivery.
- Use patient care technology and information systems when providing nursing care in a variety of settings.