WCU offers a pathway for registered nurses who have their BSN to advance their careers through the BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. BSN prepared nurses can complete components of both the MSN and DNP through one, streamlined program.
The DNP program at West Coast University helps graduates to become leaders among the healthcare team. Students in this program are trained in inventive and evidence-based practices to improve patient outcomes, interpret research, and apply the findings to improve healthcare, helping to provide the skills to work in a variety of healthcare roles after graduation.
The Nurse Leader track helps to prepare students to direct the planning and development of policies and procedures for healthcare organizations, while focusing on improving the quality of patient care.
Benefits of earning your DNP at WCU:
- Small cohorts
- Faculty advisor for DNP clinical project to assist with meeting experiential hours
- Scholarly writing resources
- Dedicated support from a designated Student Success Advisor
- Library resources
- 100% coursework delivered online with experiential hours required1
- Can be completed in 41 months
- Experiential Activities guided by Faculty to help meet course objectives
- Financial Aid and Scholarships available for those who qualify
- Institutionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission2
Graduates of this program are trained to:
- Provide effective leadership with advanced education
- Improve patient outcomes with advanced clinical skills and knowledge
- Implement innovative interventions to improve the health care system
- Apply current research to practice settings to improve the delivery of health care
- Demonstrate leadership in nursing and participate in interprofessional collaboration
- Be a change agent for health policy reform
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our DNP graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Services Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals to support our students’ prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
11000 experiential hours are required to graduate from the BSN-DNP program.
2West Coast University is institutionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510-748-9001, www.wascsenior.org
Distance Education programs are delivered out of the Orange County and Dallas campuses, and may not be available to residents in all states.
WCU cannot guarantee employment.