MSN Nursing Informatics Career Opportunities
Earning your online Master of Science in Nursing degree could open the doors to a variety of nursing informatics career paths—and the West Coast University Career Services team can help you both prepare for, and explore your options.
WCU Career Services offers career planning advice, assistance with everything from resume writing and interview preparation to job leads and more. While we can't guarantee employment, with a MSN - Nursing Informatics degree from WCU, we can help you prepare to make the most of every nursing informatics career opportunity. It’s one-stop support—before and after graduation—to help you advance your career.
Nurses in the field of Informatics can hold a variety of positions and have numerous roles and responsibilities including:
- Managing the collection, organization and input of data and information
- Developing curriculums for clinical information and communication systems
- Providing education and training to healthcare professionals
- Analyzing multiple approaches/solutions to informatics issues or problems
- Providing procedural recommendations and innovative solutions to improve use of clinical information systems
- Implementing informatics solutions to support the provision of patient care, clinical decision making, outcomes management and research
- Serving as an expert and principal contact for Clinical Information System project-related activity
- Facilitating cross-functional, collaborative communication
Demand for Nurses
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics project there will be continued demand in the labor market for nurses.