WCU Advantages - Post Master's FNP Certificate
If you want to take the next step in becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, consider the online WCU Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate. WCU's Post Master's FNP Certificate program takes your education to another level, preparing you for more challenging career options.
Post Master's FNP Certificate Online Program Details
- Post Master's FNP Certificate online program completion in as little as 24 months as long as prerequisites are met
- 32-credit Post MSN FNP online program
- Year-round admissions
- Graduates are eligible to sit for national boards with AANP or ANCC
- Dedicated clinical team to secure clinical placements for all Post Masters FNP Certificate students
- Faculty mentoring program with FNP faculty to support students' personal and professional development
- A student in the Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner online program at West Coast University participates in two on-site weekend intensives (3 days each).*
- 650 Precepted Clinical hours
- Meets National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) standards
- WCU is institutionally accredited by WSCUC, and our online nursing education programs are programmatically accredited by CCNE.
Post Master's FNP Certificate Online Program Curriculum
West Coast University's Post Master's FNP Certificate program's online curriculum helps prepares nurses to build on their nursing experience and become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Click to view the FNP Curriculum.
Today, Nurse Practitioners are gaining more and more responsibility and autonomy as a healthcare provider. West Coast University's Post-Master's FNP Certificate online program helps prepare graduates with enhanced nursing knowledge and skills to address the evolving needs of the healthcare system. Nurse Practitioners practice in different settings such as urban, suburban and rural settings in these facilities:
- Outpatient clinics
- Emergency departments
- Urgent care
- Private physician or NP offices
- Nursing homes
- Home health agencies
- Hospice and palliative care
- Schools and colleges
- Public health departments
Graduates of the Post-Master's FNP Certificate online program should be prepared for positions requiring the following skills of a primary care advanced practice nurse:
- Manage the health/illness status of patients and families over time
- Design interventions that improve healthcare for diverse populations
- Care for patients across the age span using a patient-centered approach
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective care
- Work autonomously or in collaboration with other healthcare professionals
- Serve as hospital and clinic administrators and policy makers
- Serve as the leader in nursing quality improvement and case management
- Design project management proposals
A schedule you can work with
We understand the needs of working professionals—people who desire both a concentrated curriculum and flexibility in scheduling to make it all work. Our Post-Master's FNP Certificate online program accommodates these needs.
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU offers the support and guidance to help you achieve your professional goals. Our Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on-the-go resources to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU's Post-Master's FNP online programs is simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, student services and our 24/7 technical support.
West Coast University supports its Post Masters FNP Certificate online students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our online graduates throughout their careers. Through our Career Services Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
Partner grants are available for our Post Masters FNP Certificate online program - see if you qualify.
*Program requirements include two (2) 3-day On-site Intensive (OSI) weekends and precepted hours in order to graduate. Students enrolled through the Orange County campus must complete their OSI’s in California and students enrolled through the Dallas campus must complete their OSI’s in Texas. Travel costs are not included in tuition and fees, and students are responsible for arranging transportation. Graduates will be able to apply for certification with the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) through "Method One", for more information about certification application requirements, please visit the California Board of Registered Nursing at, http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/np-app.pdf.
To practice in California, graduates must obtain national certification and seek BRN approval through “Method Two.” For more information about Certification application requirements, please visit the California Board of Registered Nursing.
West Coast University's Post Master's FNP Certificate online program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Travel costs are not included in tuition and fees.
WCU distance education programs may not be available to residents in all states.