To be eligible for the Honors program, participants must:
- Be enrolled in the WCU Bachelor of Science in Nursing program Nursing Core curriculum
- Have a minimum WCU GPA of 3.5
- Have not failed any courses taken at WCU
- Have no conduct violations
- Exhibit strong academic standing with exemplary classroom conduct and attendance.
All students who meet eligibility requirements will be invited to apply to the program via an online application. The application will require the following:
- Complete three short prompts
- Supply the name and email address of two references
- one WCU clinical faculty
- one WCU theory faculty
- Upload a copy of a valid passport that is valid at least 6 months beyond the program’s return date (or a copy of the passport renewal application)
- International students: you must have a valid passport and visa to participate in this program
If you have any questions about international travel documents, please contact the International Education department for assistance.
After the application screening process, students may be selected for a panel interview at their campus and will be contacted about the interview schedule. Shortly thereafter, students will be notified of the result of the application process. Selection is competitive, so meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee program acceptance.
Accepted students will be required to attend two orientation meetings in the weeks leading up to the trip. These orientations will take place during week 10 of both Spring I and Spring II terms. Orientation meetings will cover culture and intercultural topics, travel immunizations, safety for travel abroad, the healthcare system specific to the program location, an overview of activities during the trip, and packing and travel tips.