Eligibility & How to Apply
To be eligible for the Honors program, participants must:
- Be enrolled in the WCU Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
- Have a minimum WCU GPA of 3.5
- Have successfully completed two terms in Nursing Core coursework at WCU
- 16 Units for BSN program
- 14 Units for LVN-BSN program
- Have not failed any courses taken at WCU
- Have no conduct violations
- Exhibit strong academic standing with exemplary classroom conduct and attendance.
All students who meet eligibility requirements will be invited to apply to the program via the online application. As part of the online application, students are asked to write a thoughtful essay and upload a copy of a current passport bio page (which must be valid to at least 6 months beyond the program travel return date) or a copy of the passport renewal application. (A note to international students: you must have a valid passport and visa to participate in this program abroad. If you have any questions about international travel documents, please contact the International Education Specialist for assistance.)
After the application screening process, students may be selected for a panel interview at their campus and will be contacted about the interview schedule. Shortly thereafter, students will be notified of the result of the application process.