What is the Money Network® Enabled WCU Cash Card?
- The Money Network® Enabled WCU Cash Card is an pre-paid card program that allows WCU to distribute stipends or other credits owed to students in an electronic manner. The Cash Card can also be used to make purchases anywhere that MasterCard® is accepted.
Are there any electronic options available besides the WCU CashCard?
- Yes. Another option is to sign up for electronic disbursements to your personal bank account via ACH direct deposit. You may select either option at www.enroll.moneynetworkedu.com
Do I have to pay a sign-up fee to get a Cash Card?
- No. It is a free benefit offered by West Coast University
Do I get a new Cash Card each time I get a new stipend?
- No, funds are deposited into your Card account each time you qualify for a stipend. You can use your existing Cash Card to access the money in your Account at any time.
What if I don’t spend all the money that was deposited into my CashCard Account?
- Your money will remain in your Account until you spend, transfer or withdraw it. A monthly fee may apply if your Cash Card does not register any activity for a specified period of time (See Fee Schedule for more information).
How can I keep track of my balance?
I don’t want to pay any fees to withdraw cash for the Cash Card; what can I do?
- You can withdraw your money using one or a combination of the free services and transactions listed on your Fee Schedule. For example, you can withdraw cash from any Allpoint ATM, or by getting cash-back at participating merchants. Log on to www.moneynetworkedu.com to locate free check cashing locations.
Is there an ATM withdrawal limit using the Cash Card?
- Yes. For security reasons, you can only withdraw up to $500 per transaction and per day.
Do I get checks with my Money Network® Enabled WCU Cash Card?
- Yes. Money Network® Checks can be used to pay bills, such as rent and utilities. You can also write a check to yourself and cash it for free at participating locations to access the money available in your Account. Money Network® checks must be activated before they can be used. The checks include more detailed information and instructions. You can call Customer Service to request more checks at no additional cost. Check cashing locations, such as participating Walmart™ stores, can be found by using the Money Network® Locator tool online or by calling Customer Service.
Is there a limit for the Money Network® Checks?
- Yes. You can write a Money Network® Check for up to $9,999.99 per check and per day.
Will Walmart™ cash my Money Network® Checks?
- Yes, most Walmart™ locations will cash your Money Network® Check for up to $5,000 per check and per day. Please check with your local Walmart™, as some locations may have some restrictions or different policies.
Does my school know where I spend my money?
- No. Your school does not have access to any of your Account information, including purchases and other transactions.
What happens if I need to return a purchase that I made with my Cash Card?
- Each merchant location has its own return policy and will handle the return in the same manner as any other Discover® or MasterCard® transaction. You may receive a credit to your Card, a cash refund or a store credit. It may take up to one week for a credit to appear.
Can I manage my Money Network® Account online?
- Yes. Access your Account information at any time, free of charge, by visiting us online or by calling Customer Service (1-800-822-4283). With the number on the front of your Card and your PIN, you can:
- Set up alerts online to receive your Account balance daily or once a week via e-mail or text message*
- View or hear your Account balance and transaction activity
- Change your PIN
- Request a statement**
- Transfer funds from your Account to a personal bank account
- Request a Secondary Card for a family member or dependent**
- Send funds to a Secondary Card**
* Your cellular phone carrier's standard rates or other charges for receiving text messages may apply. ** Fees may apply. See Fee Schedule.
Can I transfer money from my Cash Card Account to a personal bank account?
- Yes. Before you can initiate an ACH transfer, you will need to:
- Obtain the BANK ROUTING NUMBER and BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER from a personal check tied to the bank account that will receive the funds.
- Find out if the bank account is a CHECKING or SAVINGS account. Once you have the required information:
- Go online or call Customer Service (1-800-822-4283) to access your Account.
- Select the option to transfer funds to a bank account and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Transfers initiated on a banking business day prior to 5 p.m. CST will be available to the designated bank account on the next business day. Transfers completed after 5 p.m. CST or on weekends and holidays will be available to the designated bank account on the second business day.
What information is needed to login to the website to make my selection for electronic services?
- Your WCU student ID #, date of birth, and WCU email address.
How long after I choose my WCU Cash Card will it come in the mail?
- You should receive your enabled Cash Card within 7-10 business days.
How long does it take for funds be directly deposited into my own bank account if I choose the direct deposit option?
- Funds will be deposited in your bank account within 3-5 business days from the date WCU processes your disbursement. Times vary based on your individual bank.
Can I change my selection (Cash Card/Direct Deposit) whenever I want?
- Yes. If you’d like to make changes to your payment method, you can do so by accessing moneynetworkedu.com.
When should I expect to see my stipend on my Cash Card?
- Funds will be deposited onto your Cash Card on the same day that WCU processes your disbursement.
What happens if I lose my Cash Card, what is the process for replacement, is there a charge?
- Students should report lost or stolen Cash Cards to Customer Service (1-800-822-4283). A replacement card will be issued for a $6 fee. Funds are moved over to the new card as soon as it is issued, and all charges are posted to the new card.
Can I use the Cash Card internationally?
- Yes, but international fees may apply.
If I see an unauthorized transaction, who should I contact?
- All questions about Cash Card transactions should be directed to Customer Service (1-800-822-4283).
How do I add funds to my WCU Cash Card?