Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Report
West Coast University (OPE ID: 036983) received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
WCU appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available for eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the CARES Act and implementing guidance.
WCU is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Name, Title, at Email Address.
- WCU signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. WCU has used, or intends to use, 100 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that WCU will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to WCU’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $5,898,011.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is $5,898,011.
- The estimated total number of students at WCU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 9,456.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is 4,912.
- The methods used by WCU to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act are provided at Attachment A.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by WCU to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided at Attachment B.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion
Please click on the links below to access the Quarterly Budget and Expenditure reports for the Institutional Portion of CARES Act funds provided to West Coast University: