The WCU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship was created to support a family tradition of WCU Alumni and help provide financial assistance to current WCU undergraduate and graduate students who have a relative that is a WCU Alumni.
Applications Open: February 1st and August 1st
Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
Recipients will be notified on June 1 and December 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $1,500 per recipient, non-recurring. Funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student's existing tuition & fee charges for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form or to the Department of Alumni Relations located at 151 Innovation Drive, Irvine, CA 92617. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references, please direct your references to click here in order to access the recommendation form
- One must be from an eligible WCU Alumni relative.
- Copy of WCU or prior institutions transcript
- 250+ word personal statement which may include the following:
- Why is it important to continue the WCU legacy?
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate, or graduate student of West Coast University or been accepted to West Coast University program.
- Student's cumulative WCU GPA must be 3.0 or higher at time of application
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (May 1st and November 1st).
- Must have a relative who is a graduate (alumni) of West Coast University.
- All majors are eligible.
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship Fund. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the university during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.