The WCU Alumni Association Scholarship was created to help provide financial assistance to WCU Alumni who are enrolled in a graduate-level degree program at any WCU or accredited higher education institution.
Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
Recipients will be notified on June 1 and December 1 and will be recognized via Alumni Association communications and events.
Award Amount: $2,500 per recipient, non-recurring. For WCU students, funds will be sent directly to the school and the school will apply the funds against the student's existing tuition and fee charges for the upcoming term. For outside universities, funds will be sent directly to the institution's financial aid office for the upcoming term.
Application Submission Process: Applicants must submit the scholarship application via the online form or to the Department of Alumni Relations located at 151 Innovation Drive, Irvine, CA 92617. Below are the required documents that must accompany your application.
- Two references, please direct your references to click here in order to access the recommendation form
- Copy of WCU or institution transcript
- 250+ word personal statement that may include the following:
- What does being WCU Proud mean to you?
- What are your career goals?
- Have you been involved with the Alumni Association since your graduation?
- Applicant must have graduated from a degree program at West Coast University.
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking, graduate student of West Coast University or another institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Must have at least one full term remaining at the time of application deadline (May 1 and November 1).
- Student's cumulative GPA for the current program must be 3.0 or higher at the time of application
- All majors are eligible.
- Recipients are eligible for one scholarship, per year and degree program.
- If a student is listed as a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the time of funding, funds will be retained for one additional full term before being remitted back to the WCU Alumni Scholarship Fund. Applicants will be eligible to reapply for future scholarships.
- Should a student withdraw from the university during the term, unused funds will be remitted back to the WCU Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.
- If chosen, additional paperwork may be required.
Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.