Admissions Requirements - Texas Campus
Applicants for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) program must:
- Pass the HESI admission test with a minimum score of 80% overall (scores 79.5% and higher will be rounded up to 80%); OR
- Pass the HESI admission test with a score from* 75.5% to 79.4% with documented CGPA from all prior education at or above 2.5*; OR
- Demonstrate passage of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a minimum overall score of 58.7%; OR
- Provide proof of a minimum composite SAT score of 1000 on the older version or 1500 on the current version of the SAT with Essay; OR
- Provide proof of a minimum composite ACT score of 20.
*Students scoring from 75.5% to 79.4% on the HESI with less than a 2.5 CPGA may be admitted on a conditional basis. The conditions are outlined below, and students who do not continue to meet these conditions may be referred to student conduct and/or dismissed from the University.
- All conditionally accepted students are required to meet regularly with the Student Success Coordinator and assigned Tutor.
- All conditionally accepted students must take the HESI prior to progressing into the core Nursing curriculum and must achieve a minimum of 80.0%. A maximum of five (5) total attempts on the HESI will be allowed.
*Applicants must submit all postsecondary transcripts:
- Applicants with 18 or more postsecondary credits, from institutions recognized by an accreditation body approved by the U.S. Department of Education, will be evaluated on their postsecondary cumulative grade point average.
- Applicants with fewer than 18 postsecondary credits, from institutions recognized by an accreditation body approved by the U.S. Department of Education, will be evaluated based on their high school cumulative grade point average.