Why Choose WCU Online Programs
As a provider of advanced healthcare degrees in California—and a growing presence in Texas and Florida—adapting our unique philosophy and focused curriculum to online platforms became the next logical step.
WCU’s experience and reputation for delivering Master of Science in Nursing degree - Family Nurse Practitioner online program makes us unique among online education providers as well.
West Coast University’s experience delivering focused curriculum offers you several clear advantages for online learning.
Get the most out of your online degree with these clear advantages:
- 40-month Family Nurse Practitioner online program
- MSN core courses are delivered online and followed by FNP specialty courses that are offered online and with six scheduled onsite intensives (2-3 days each) at the WCU Center for Graduate Studies.*
- 650 Precepted Clinical hours are included in the FNP online program
- National board preparation exams embedded in the courses
- Faculty mentors assigned to each student
- Meets National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) standards
- WCU is regionally accredited by WSCUC and our nursing programs are CCNE accredited
In an ever changing field like healthcare, your need for education doesn’t stop at graduation. Neither does your educational support from WCU. Every Family Nurse Practitioner online graduate receives complimentary membership in Contemporary Forums: The Leader in Healthcare Continuing Education.
After graduation, WCU supports its Family Nurse Practitioner online graduates by providing them ongoing discounted CEs through a complimentary membership with our continuing education partner. Graduates can enjoy innovative conferences, online learning, networking opportunities and more through Contemporary Forums.
100 years of advanced education—now online
For over 100 years WCU has been dedicated to advanced professional education, and now we are leveraging new technologies to make an advanced healthcare degree more accessible than ever before—to create a new breed of healthcare professional.