West Coast University's online Master of Science in Nursing - Informatics program helps prepare students for a career in the development and management of healthcare information technology, incorporating the tools and skills to design and improve the use of informatics into practice, education, administration and research.
Get the most out of your online degree with these clear advantages:
- 24-month online program. Ask about our part-time completion option.
- Access to on-campus student services including Career Services, and in California and Texas, access to our technologically advanced Simulation Centers
- Streamlined curriculum allowing for transfer credits—up to 90 credit hours
- 200 Practice Experience hours
- Graduates are eligible to take the Informatics Nursing Certification (RN-BC) exam
- Discounted CEs through Contemporary Forums—the leader in healthcare continuing education—plus professional networking opportunities and more
- Competitive tuition—ask about our Nursing Partner Grant
- WCU is regionally accredited by WSCUC and our online nursing programs are CCNE accredited
At WCU, you are not alone. You should have the support and guidance that should help you achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on the-go resources—to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU’s online Nursing Informatics program is simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, Student Services and our 24/7 technical support.
The MSN Informatics—specific online courses will introduce the students to the various roles and responsibilities of the nurse informaticist, including user involvement in information systems, electronic health records, system implementation and liability issues. Students will learn about the ethical, legal and social issues arising from the use of computerized technology and information systems in delivering health care. The courses will also emphasize patient confidentiality and the privacy and safety of clinical data. The key to the future of nursing is becoming familiar with emerging insights and embracing successful innovation processes.
The curriculum is in alignment with Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER) which is focused on education reform and interprofessional community development.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its online students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our online graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our online students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
Since healthcare professionals are life-long learners, WCU assists its online graduates by providing them ongoing discounted CEs through a complimentary membership to our partner company, Contemporary Forums.
The WCU MSN online degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states. The MSN Nursing Informatics program requires 135 hours of Practice Experience.
West Coast University's Master of Science in Nursing is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).