The West Coast University accredited online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program - Nurse Educator track prepares students to take an active role in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs that facilitate the learning of nursing online MSN students and colleagues in the service setting, as well as other health professionals and patients.
Nurse educators are critical players in assuring quality educational experiences to prepare the nursing workforce, as they facilitate learner development and use assessment and evaluation strategies to address issues that affect program outcomes. The online MSN student should be prepared to explore curriculum design and evaluation of educational programs in a variety of settings, and engage in scholarship, service and leadership pursuits as a nurse educator.
Get the most out of your online degree with these clear advantages:
- 24-month onlne program. Ask about our part-time completion option.
- Access to on-campus student services including Career Services, and in California and Texas, access to our technologically advanced Simulation Centers
- Streamlined curriculum allowing for transfer credits—up to 90 credit hours
- 135 Practice Experience hours
- Includes Curriculum and Instruction course which helps prepare online MSN graduates for teaching opportunities
- Discounted CEs through Contemporary Forums—the leader in healthcare continuing education—plus professional networking opportunities and more
- Competitive tuition—ask about our Nursing Partner Grant
- WCU is regionally accredited by WSCUC and our online nursing programs are CCNE accredited
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is based on the Essentials of Master’s Education established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the online MSN graduate degree curriculum provides the tools needed to teach others and prepare for current and future career opportunities.
At WCU, you are not alone. You should have the support and guidance that should help you achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on the-go resources— to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU’s accredited online MSN programs are simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, Student Services and our 24/7 technical support.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its online MSN students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our online MSN students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
Since healthcare professionals are life-long learners, WCU assists its online MSN graduates by providing them ongoing discounted CEs through a complimentary membership to our partner company, Contemporary Forums.
The WCU accredited online MSN degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states. The MSN Nurse Educator online program requires 135 hours of Practice Experience.
West Coast University's online Master of Science in Nursing is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).