To be eligible for the Global Public Health Program, students:
- Must be in good academic standing
- Have no conduct violations
- Have not received a non-passing grade in a previous nursing course
- Be enrolled in Public Health Nursing (Theory and Practicum) during the program term
- Must currently have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA
All students who meet eligibility requirements will be invited to apply to the program via an online application. As part of the online application, students will be asked to write a short essay, supply the name of one WCU faculty member to serve as a reference if needed, and upload a copy of a current passport (or, a copy of the passport renewal application). As a final step, select students will be interviewed at their campus as part of the selection process. Students will be notified of their acceptance typically in Week 8 of two terms prior to the Global Public Health Program.
Selection is competitive, so meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee program acceptance. Schedules may not be changed to accommodate students who are not already scheduled to take Public Health. Accepted students will be enrolled in/switched to online courses during the term to accommodate the program travel.